Fall is such a beautiful time in Saskatchewan – I love the days when the sun is warm, but the air is crisp. Families busy themselves with school and activities and it's easy to miss the few necessary steps required for a successful Fall/Winter sale. Here are a few items you may want to take care of now if you're planning to list in the colder months.
1) Have a great yard you want to showcase? An amazing pool? Elaborate outdoor living space? Have photos taken now, so even when it's covered in snow and your beautiful flowers are gone, buyers can still appreciate your outdoor oasis.
2) Take care of outdoor maintenance now. Clean your gutters and make sure your shingles, eaves and chimneys are in good shape and that outdoor water lines are properly cleaned and shut off.
3) Touch up exterior paint around windows and doors and repair siding or loose brick.
4) Avoid "over-decorating" for one particular season, as it will date your listing photos if your home sits for extended days on the market
5) Price your home properly. I will will work with you to set the right price that takes into account not only the season you are selling in but also the current market trends. Some people assume that a house must be priced lower to sell in the Fall/Winter, but this is not necessarily true. I can provide you with comparable properties that have recently sold to help keep your home competitive, while making sure you have the most profitable sale possible. Save yourself valuable “days-on-market” and price right the first time.
And, of course, I am available any time to give you advice as you prep for the sale of your home.
For all your home buying and selling needs any time of the year, call me, I’d LOVE to help!